Certified Scrum Master
Sterling, VA (Remote until restrictions lifted)
We are looking for a Certified Scrum Master with experience in coaching and enhancing agile teams. Your contributions will make an impact on the critical missions of our government clients, solving challenges that aim to improve millions of lives across the globe.
- Supports one or more delivery teams within the fast-paced application development environment.
- Helps build high performing teams, build shippable product, and responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams.
- Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams.
- Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
- Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
- Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup).
- Serve as the Scrum Master, RTE in a program/portfolio
- Formal training or certification in Agile software development methods at the time of proposal submission.
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile, and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, especially those that support scaling Agile to an enterprise such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Demonstrated experience in using an Agile development framework including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring that the technical expectations of deliverables are met through Agile processes; additionally, support the continuous improvement of those processes
- Demonstrated experience delivering agile software solutions using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Adaptable Software Design.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in implementing agile processes within a large organization.
- Experience working at an organization going through an Agile transformation.
- 6-8 years of Agile Software Development experience in the federal government, with knowledge of SAFe, Kanban, and other industry best practices.