Associate Project Coordinator
Sterling, VA (remote until restrictions lifted)
As a Project Coordinator, you are pivotal to smooth project operations, and client and team experience. You play a critical role working closely with the project managers, team members, and external customers. You support change management, training, communications, reporting, and project processes and procedures. You are results-oriented, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and take ownership of your deliverables. Phrases like “it’s not my job” are not in your dictionary. You are comfortable working alone but also appreciate good teamwork.
• Support project operations, including tracking progress against the project plans and schedules, tracking contractual deliverables, scheduling internal and external meetings, note-taking, tracking issues, and creating or updating standard processes for efficient project delivery.
• Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Plan and coordinate kick-off events (scheduling, outreach, logistics) in collaboration with the management, training, communications, and technical teams.
• Coordinate training and workshops logistics, including setting up sessions (both virtual and in-person), preparing training materials and support documentation, and communicating logistical details to the stakeholders.
• Track training schedule and progress to ensure timely completion and adherence to the schedule.
• Assist in tracking metrics and creating reports.
• Assist in documenting the post-deployment processes, best practices and lessons learned.
• Onboard new team members and administer government paperwork.
• Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted:
Coordinate local and international travel and accommodation for the project team.
Coordinate processing of visas.
Print, bind, and ship printed materials to training locations, as needed.
• 2-5 years of relevant experience in project coordination in relevant industries.
• Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, communication, or related discipline preferred. A suitable combination of education, training or experience will be accepted.
• Superb verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Excellent creative, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong strategic mindset and entrepreneurial spirit highly desired.
• Ability to understand complex topics related to technology, science, and business.
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding follow-through.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
• Results oriented and a problem solver.
• Enjoys working with people and helping them daily, natural customer service drive.
• Willingness to share information, train and be trained, mentor and be mentored with management, peers, and subordinates.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in a group setting, as needed.
• Exposure to cross-cultural audiences, and global and cultural awareness.
• Experience working with Federal Government contracts a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft and Google applications.
• Experience with knowledge management and collaboration portals, such as SharePoint desired.