Associate Program Manager
Sterling, VA (Remote until restrictions lifted)
Green Card or US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
The PM provides leadership, oversight, and management of a complex program, which covers a portfolio of projects and programs; ensures performance against contract and program requirements; serves as a single point of accountability and responsibility to the government; coordinates and ensures completion of deliverables, and other contractual requirements; performs risk management; develops and implements long-term strategies, roadmaps, and monitors execution to ensure alignment of tactical activities; manages program budget, evaluates performance against design and schedule requirements and constraints; provides oversight across range of project-types (waterfall, agile, lean, etc.) and project complexities; consults and advises senior Federal leadership; ensures Federal leaders have actionable information in a timely manner necessary to obtain decision/guidance to facilitate program execution.
- Is the owner of customer-facing project delivery for IT solutions.
- Works with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver solutions in an agile manner.
- Effectively plans, coordinates, executes, monitors, and manages work requests and related tasks utilizing strong and pervasive project management expertise for IT projects and IT management.
- Understands project requirements from both a business and a technical standpoint and serves as the liaison between business users and the project team.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to manage project resources and cultivate strong customer relationships.
- Manages contractual, financial, and personnel related issues associated with project delivery.
- Performs project resource management and capacity planning to make optimal use of resources.
- Regularly monitors and measures project performance.
- Develops strategies for contingency planning and risk mitigation; identifies and solves project issues effectively.
- Supports proposal development, new customer demos, and other pre-sales activities as needed.
- At least 7+ years related work experience with the following qualifications:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- PMI-PMP or PMI-PgMP or PMI-PfMP.
- Bachelors' Degree in related field.
- Project Management experience in planning, estimating, resourcing, executing, monitoring, and managing information technology projects, preferably in technical areas such as:
- Business value driven requirement gathering
- Agile software application development and modernization
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, execute, and monitor projects requiring compliance with:
- Software Project management frameworks and systems engineering lifecycles
- Agile software development lifecycles
- Task level cost and schedule estimation, tracking, reporting, and management
- Demonstrated and validated ability to address corrective actions and to follow proper escalation protocols and procedures with technical monitors, COR, the IT organization and with the project sponsors
- Strong leadership skills to define requirements for project risks
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Previous Experience managing projects for the Federal Government
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or another technical related field
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.