Sterling, VA (remote until restrictions lifted)
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules, as well as hands-on attributes with a 60-40 split (hands-on to lead)
- Familiar with Middleware and infrastructure tools (e.g. Web servers, Oracle/PostgreSQL, load balancers, Directory services, Authentication services), Cloud services (AWS/Azure).
- Trouble shooting applications, interfaces, and server OS issues (LINUX, Windows, Exadata, Exalogic, Oracle/PostgreSQL databases).
- Communication with internal team members and with external customers to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules.
- Lead multiple Agile Scrum/Kanban teams, communicating tasks and coordinating with other Technical Leads.
- Lead patching events and activities that require off shift hours over a weekend on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate and prioritize data and information system requirements in coordination with the business process owners.
- Understand the complex data model of large Enterprise level system for providing Tier II/III support
- Leadership on the 1-n Agile Teams
- Coordinate in resolving Tier II/III data support tickets as per the defined SLA.
- Identify defects based on issue trends, customer feedback and error reporting from the system.
- Develop script library and document them for reusing in future.
- Conduct internal KT sessions and create knowledgebase articles.
- Assist in Capacity Planning, when performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware updates, server configuration changes, or index/query optimizations.
- Assists for monitoring performance, monitoring server disk space, monitoring logs, ensuring jobs have run successfully, checking for errors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work in a collaborative office environment with other developers, business analysts, and a project management team.
- Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
- Requires BS degree with minimum 8 years Project leadership/management and oversight of complex IT projects.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledgeable in multiple server-side languages, including Java